Preliminary evaluation using current Standards for Cellular Therapy Services
Determine whether your organization's practices comply with the AABB Standards for Cellular Therapy Services.
Standards may be purchased in the AABB
View detailed information about
accreditation and eligibility.
For a personal consultation email the AABB Department of Accreditation and Quality or call +1.301.215.6492.
Activities eligible for accreditation
Accredited activities include the following:
- Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell (apheresis and bone marrow)
- Cord Blood
- Somatic Cell
- Clinical Activities
Evaluate your facility(ies)
Evaluate your level of compliance with the Standards for Cellular Therapy Services. Ensure that there is a policy, procedure, or process for EACH element in the standards.
Become an institutional member
To become accredited, a facility must be an AABB Accredited Institutional Member (AI). A
new institutional member must complete ALL of the steps in the
Initial Accreditation Process before a formal accreditation assessment takes place.
Fees are based on volume and type of activity.
- Complete applicable forms in
member tools to aid in preparation of Policies, Processes, and Procedures (PPPS).
The Assessment Tool serves as a guide for sample items that assessors will be looking for to assess compliance. Other approaches may also be acceptable.
Preparing for accreditation
Review the links found in the
Accreditation Information Manual in the Accreditation Member Tools.
ALL eligibility requirements
ALL applicable standards for the activity to be accredited are addressed in program or facility's policies, processes and procedures.
ALL activities to be accredited
On site assessment
Assessor(s) will be assigned to perform onsite inspection after ALL of the steps above are completed and reviewed by AABB Accreditation and Quality.
Facilities adding NEW cellular therapy activities
- Facilities and programs that are currently accredited by AABB may request accreditation for additional activities.
- The facility must go through the self-assessment process for the new activity
- If the request for accreditation for an additional activity does not coincide with the facility's current accreditation cycle (quarter), a separate accreditation event can be initiated. All subsequent accreditation events will be coordinated with the facility's assigned accreditation cycle
For more information on accreditation, email
AABB Department of Accreditation and Quality or call +1.301.215.6492.