How do I purchase a program as an individual?
To purchase the Certificate Program, follow these steps:
- Go to the Cellular Therapies Certificate Program on
- Click “Add to Cart”
- Login/create an AABB user account
- Continue to “Check Out”
- If you have an enrollment voucher, you will apply the code as payment information
- You will receive an email notification with instructions and a web link to The George Washington University (GW) website where you will fill in a short application required to register for the program.
How do I purchase a program as an institution on behalf of an individual(s)?
To purchase the Certificate Program download and complete the
Cellular Therapies Certificate Program Institutional Registration Form and send via email to
eLearning@aabb.org, fax to +1.301.951.3729 or mail to the address provided on the form. Please allow 2-5 business days to receive a receipt.
How do I purchase access to the program for more than one student?
Once the institution
purchases the desired number of programs, the student(s) indicated on the institutional registration form will receive an email notification with instructions and a web link to The George Washington University (GW) website where s(he) will fill in a short application required to register for the program. To receive the institutional member discount rate, the organization must be an active AABB Institutional Member.
If my institution wants to purchase several programs for employees, can we get a discount?
Yes! A 15% discount is offered for bulk purchases of 4 or more program registrations.
Can the purchase be transferred after the application is submitted to GW?
The purchase is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another individual once the application is complete (and the student is enrolled).
When can I access and start the program?
After you have completed the GW application, you will be placed in a cohort based on when you registered for the program.
- Each new cohort starts on the 1st of each month for those that register by the 21st of the preceding month. For example, if you submit the GW application for the program on December 19th, then you would be enrolled to start the program on January 1.
- If you complete the GW application after the 21st you will be enrolled in the second month following the application submission date. For example, if you submit the GW application on December 22, then you would be enrolled to start the program on February 1st.
How long do I have to complete the program?
You will have 1 year from the enrollment date to complete the Cellular Therapies Certificate Program.
Do I have to complete all of the modules to get the certificate of completion?
Yes. A review of
all slides in each module and a passing score of 80% on each assessment is required to complete the program. In addition, a post-program evaluation will be required.
What happens if I change my email address that I used when I registered for the program?
Once you complete the GW application, you will be given a GW email address that you will use to access the Cellular Therapies Certificate Program. This is the official email of record and email relating to access of the Cellular Therapies program will be sent to your GW email address.
What is Blackboard?
The Cellular Therapies Certificate Program is offered entirely online. Blackboard is a virtual learning environment and course management system developed by Blackboard (an educational technology company) that you will be using to access the educational content. You will be able to work in Blackboard at your own pace.
How will I learn to use Blackboard?
There is a link available on the Blackboard site that explains how to use it. Review the basic features so that you will be able to navigate through the program materials.
Tutorials are available here. Not all Blackboard features described in the tutorials will apply to the AABB Cellular Therapies Certificate Program. This program is self-paced and there is no access to instructors or discussion board.
What are the technical requirements for Blackboard?
To be able to use Blackboard:
- You must have an internet connection to access all course content.
- We strongly recommend that you use either the Google Chrome or Safari browsers to access the course. Anyone using MAC or PC can
download Google Chrome.
What are the steps I need to take in order to receive my certificate?
To receive a certificate of completion you will need to complete these steps:
- Review all of the slides in each module
- Complete all modules
- Obtain a score of 80% or higher on all assessments
- Complete the post-program evaluation
How long do I have to wait until I receive my certificate?
You should expect to receive an email from
eLearning@aabb.org within 7 days of completing the program. Your certificate will be emailed to the email address you used to purchase the program.
Can the certificate be transferred to another individual after I have completed the Certificate Program?
Once the program is completed and a certificate has been issued, the certificate is only valid for the individual completing the program. The certificate cannot be transferred to any other individual.
Am I able to obtain CME credits for the Certificate Program?
Yes, a certificate for CMEs as well as documentation for Florida and California Laboratory personnel (FLP, CLP, respectively) in the US will be emailed to you from AABB elearning (eLearning@aabb.org) within 7 days of completing the program. During the program evaluation you will be requested to indicate the type of continuing education credit and provide the applicable license number.
Will I be able to retake an assessment if I do not reach 80% on my first try?
You will have two opportunities to pass the assessments for each module.
Where are the assessments located?
Assessments are located in Blackboard for each module. You will see a heading that identifies each module assessment within the content area for each module.
Will there be additional learning resources available throughout the Cellular Therapies Certificate Program?
Yes. Links to additional reading materials are included within the modules.
Is the Cellular Therapies Certificate Program available in other languages?
This program is only available in English.
Are there any GW benefits that are extended to me as a student in this online course?
- As a temporary student you will have access to Himmelfarb and Gelman Libraries electronically using your NetID and Password.
- If you need assistance on how to access these libraries electronically,
this video is a good resource.
Where can I go for further information?
Some detailed information pertaining to the course, content and faculty are included in the syllabus located in Blackboard.