Please note: AABB reserves the right to make updates to this program.
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
2:00 – 3:30 PM (ET) 7:00 – 8:30 PM (GMT)
Master Program Number: 166 (see program format numbers below under Registration)
Educational Track: Leadership Management
Topic: Transfusion Medicine
Intended Audience: Managers/Supervisors, CEOs, CFOs, HR Personnel, Medical Directors, Students/Fellows, Residents, Donor Recruitment Staff
Teaching Level: Intermediate
Director/Moderator: Angela Dirr, Senior Director of Donor Care, Bonfils Blood Center / Blood Systems, Inc., Denver CO
Speaker: Bobi Seredich, Co-Founder, Southwest Institute for Emotional Intelligence, Phoenix, AZ
After participating in this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the meaning and learn about the 12 core competencies of emotional intelligence.
- Learn the brain science of how we feel before we think and how we are designed to be emotional responsive.
- Participate in self-awareness exercises that will identify your own personal emotional triggers.
- Learn how to manage the negative emotions that get in the way of your best performance.
- Learn Emotional Intelligence tools to practice to build better relationships with others and to communicate more effectively to provide better patient care.
In today’s fast-paced competitive work environment, how effective are you as a leader? Emotional intelligence (EI)—our ability to manage ourselves and others around us—is the single greatest contributor to personal excellence and leadership. EI is twice the indicator of professional success as IQ and technical skills combined. This program will provide the framework to understand what emotional intelligence is, develop an awareness of your own personal emotional triggers and provide you with the tools needed to enhance your communication and relationship building skills. This is a highly interactive training program presentation with supporting videos, research and case studies. A PowerPoint presentation is used and each participant will receive and interactive workbook (this will be sent electronically in advance to be printed). .
| || ||
|Single Viewer: Live||
|Single Viewer: On-Demand||
|Group Viewing: Live||
|Group Viewing: On-Demand||
|Group Viewing: Live & On-Demand||