Please note: AABB reserves the right to make updates to this program.
Live Program Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - On-Demand Available
Master Program Number: 18EL-350 (see program format numbers below under Registration)
Educational Track: Technical/Clinical
Topic: Transfusion Medicine
Intended Audience: CEOs, COOs, Director, Donor Recruitment Staff, Hospital Blood Banks, Laboratory Staff, Managers/Supervisors, Medical Directors, Research Scientist, Resident/Fellow, Scientists, Students (MD, MT, SBB), Technologist, Transfusion Safety Officer
Teaching Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Director/Moderator: Geoffrey Wool, MD, PhD, Interim Director, Blood Bank, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Speaker: David Angus Reeve, MBA, MHA, Executive Director, American Red Cross, Rockville, MD
After participating in this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Review brief history of ARC’s implementation of PRT and show current locations.
- Provide a high-level overview of demand and constraints on meeting demand.
- Summarize challenges to meeting Intercept guardbands:
- Discuss approach to mitigations without reducing split rates.
- Summarize results thus far.
- Review impact on productivity and labor.
- Discuss path to licensure.
This program will provide a discussion of pathogen reduction technology (PRT) for platelets and the implementation of this technology at American Red Cross (ARC), including case studies involving their particular challenges and responses to roll-out thus far.
| || ||
|Single Viewer: On-Demand||
|Group Viewing: On-Demand||