By using the pages in this site, you, the user, agree to the following terms and conditions, including any changes or amendments that may be posted from time to time. By accessing, browsing, and/or using this website, you are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions for use. If you do not wish to be bound to these terms and conditions, please do not access, browse or use this site.
This website and its contents, including but not limited to the site’s look and feel, data, information, text, graphics, images, designs, source coding, trademarks, service marks, trade names and URL, are the exclusive property of the AABB or its respective agents or third parties. Nothing herein may be copied or reproduced for commercial purposes without the express written consent of AABB.
Restrictions on Use Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere herein, with respect to a particular portion, file, or document, any user is hereby authorized to view, copy, print, and distribute this document subject to the following conditions:
- The document may be used for informational, noncommercial purposes only.
- Any copy of the document or portion thereof must include the AABB copyright notice.
- The AABB reserves the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon notice from the AABB.
- Materials included within members-protected sections of this website are limited to AABB member use.
U.S. copyright laws protect the text, layouts, graphics, and logos at this site. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, nothing contained in this Agreement or on the website shall be construed as conferring any other license or right, expressly, by implication, by estoppel or otherwise, with respect to any of AABB’s content. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Limitations on Liability
The AABB will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to, damages or injury resulting from any failure of performance, error, omission interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus, or line failure. To the extent allowable by law, AABB will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this site or any site which is linked to this site, even if there is negligence on the part of the AABB or an authorized AABB representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or both. The total liability resulting from all losses, damages, and causes of action will not be greater than the amount paid by the user to access this site.
Disclaimer and Disclaimer of Warranties
The Materials in this site are provided “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, the AABB disclaims all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The AABB does not warrant that the functions contained in the material will be uninterrupted or error- free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. The AABB does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of or the results of the use of the material in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
No content on our site is intended to constitute professional advice, whether medical. legal or otherwise. AABB and those otherwise providing information, services or material on our site are not responsible or liable for any consequences relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based on the information, services or other material on our site.
You agree to indemnify and hold AABB, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all liability, losses, claims, demands, disputes, damages or costs of any kind, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, resulting from or in any way connected with (a) postings or other content you submit or that are submitted from your account, (c) your violation of this Agreement, or (d) your violation of any rights of another party.
Links to Other Websites
AABB has no control over any of the websites that are linked to AABB’s site. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that AABB does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Nor is it responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever material you submit, and the you, not the AABB, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright. Further, the AABB will not be required to treat any submissions as confidential and will be entitled to use submissions for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever, without compensation to any one sending the submissions.
Posting Material on AABB Community
AABB’s Community groups were created to provide AABB members the means to communicate and interact electronically with their peers. Accessible to members only, by using AABB Community, members agree that their use of the Community and any and all liability arising from that use is the sole responsibility of the user who posted the content and not AABB. AABB has no control over the Community and therefore does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of material appearing in the Community. AABB will not be liable in any way for information contained in the Community including, but not limited to, any errors, omissions or misrepresentations, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, or arising from, the Community. You agree that your use of information appearing in the Community is at your own risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information.
You acknowledge that any material you submit to the Community will be available publicly. As such, you agree that all of the material you submit will comply with the requirements of this Agreement. You further agree not to use the Community to:
- Post material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm or threaten to harm, harass or “stalk” other persons or entities in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Disseminate or transmit any material that infringes or violates any party's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, using third party copyrighted materials, without appropriate permission, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, or using or distributing third party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- Post any content that you do not have a right to under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship (which includes inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- Interfere with or disrupt AABB websites or servers or networks connected to our site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the site;
- Collect or store personal data about other users or engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law; or
- Disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
AABB does not routinely review or edit material posted on the Community, but has the right to refuse to make available, to modify or to remove any postings or portions of postings in its sole discretion and at any time without notice, regardless of whether those postings violate the terms of this Agreement or are otherwise objectionable.
Passwords and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for logging out of your account at the end of each session. In selecting a user name, you agree that you will not (i) select or use a screen name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use a name subject to the rights of any person without their authorization; or (iii) use a screen name that is offensive to people of ordinary sensitivities, illegal, or infringing. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to notify AABB immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. AABB will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
You or the AABB may terminate this agreement at any time. You may terminate this agreement by destroying: (a) all materials obtained from all the AABB sites, and (b) all related documentation and all copies and installations (together, “Materials”). The AABB may terminate this agreement immediately without notice if, in its sole judgment, you breach any term or condition of this agreement. Upon termination, you must destroy all Materials.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the state of Maryland and the United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. If any part of these terms and conditions is unlawful void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Possible evidence of use of this site for any illegal purpose may be provided to law enforcement authorities. The AABB is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work force. To be considered for a posted job opportunity, you must submit an application or resume.
This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the use of this site. The AABB can revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting unless specifically identified information on this website is provided with the understanding that the AABB is not rendering professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these pages to replace consultations with qualified professionals to meet individual needs.