Major anticipated outcomes of the network include the following:
- Reducing the number of adverse events in hospitals and other facilities through comprehensive data collection and analysis.
- Improving patient outcomes and donor health.
- Reducing costs related to errors and inefficiencies.
- Improving the policies, processes and procedures.
- Designing risk-mitigating interventions.
- Providing benchmarking tools to encourage continuous quality improvement for participating facilities.
- Developing evidence-based responses to support community efforts addressing public health concerns of the federal government.