The Association for the Advancement of Blood & Biotherapies (AABB) supports optimal standards of medical, technical and operational performance, scientific investigation, clinical application and education in the field of biotherapies. Accordingly,
AABB requires individuals who have earned the distinction of the Certified Advanced Biotherapies Professional (CABP) to adhere to the following ethical and professional principles. Violation of this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action,
including the revocation of the CABP certification, as set forth in the CABP Certification Handbook.
A CABP shall:
- Apply available evidence and ethical principles in the research, development, and provisioning of biotherapies products and services.
- Promote integrity and transparency by acting with honesty and fairness in interactions with colleagues, patients, donors, customers, and suppliers, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations relating to biotherapies.
- Endeavour to disseminate research findings to the biotherapies field through peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- Consistently maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, striving for professional excellence through continued education and training for oneself.
- Contribute to the professional growth of others through the implementation of exemplary practices and by participating in educational activities for the field, to the extent that expertise and ability allow.
- Act responsibly to protect the confidentiality and privacy of protected health information relating to patients, donors, and study subjects.
- Represent their qualifications honestly, including their educational achievements and professional affiliations, and provide only those services for which they are qualified to perform.
- Be knowledgeable about this Code, keep current with Code revisions and abide by its provisions.
- Respond promptly in writing to any communication received from a person duly authorized by the AABB to obtain information or assistance regarding a CABP’s possible violation of this Code. In the absence of a full and timely response, AABB may
resolve such possible violations based on available information.
Last Updated: June 1, 2022
Changes to Code of Conduct & Rationale
Changes to the Code of Conduct and an explanation for the change(s) will be listed here.
There are no changes to the Code of Conduct.