AABB is accepting late-breaking abstract submissions from July 10-31, 2020 to provide an important platform to present research where the results may not have been available during the general submission period.
Please review the AABB Late-breaking Abstract Guidelines, which include these highlights:
- While it is expected that many late-breaking abstracts will reflect the latest research related to COVID-19, we encourage submissions on all topics.
- During these unique circumstances, AABB is allowing COVID-19-related abstracts that were submitted during the general abstract submission period to be resubmitted as late-breaking abstracts if the data and research have been expanded since the original submission.
- Late breaking abstract submitters will be asked to explain why their abstract was not submitted by the general submission deadline (May 15, 2020).
- Abstracts that have been published, presented, or accepted for publication or presentation prior to July 31 will not be considered.
- No more than six abstracts will be accepted for the late-breaking abstract oral session during the AABB 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting.
- Accepted abstracts will be published online in TRANSFUSION journal.
- The standard abstract fee of $25 will be waived during the submission process.
July 31, 2020
Late-breaking Abstract Submission Site Closed
August 31, 2020
Notification of Acceptance*
OCTOBER 3-5, 2020
Virtual Annual Meeting
* Authors will receive notification of the status of their abstract via email. If accepted, abstracts must be presented at the 2020 AABB Annual Meeting. The presenting author must register for the meeting, prepare their oral presentation and present during their assigned session time.
Top Poster Awards
Top posters will be recognized on site in a dedicated Top Poster area.
The $25 abstract fee will be waived for 2020 late-breaking submissions.